Best Dressed as judged by, me!
The Met Gala is a heavily anticipated event in the celebrity world and this year the theme was;
Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination.
AND EVERRRYBODY BROUGHT IT.
There were so many amazing outfits and dresses and it was just SO Difficult to narrow it down to my top 5 girls, guys, couples, top brand, NO GO and Special Mention that I had a fashion overload. And its me, I don’t know all that much about fashion, but I know what looks good and what doesn’t for sure! (I need to take another look at my wardrobe).
So, lets get straight into to it!
(all pictures pinched from Pinterest & you can find my Pinterest HERE!)
TOP 5 BEST DRESSED WOMEN!
5. Rihanna wearing a Custom Maison Margiela
4. Katy Perry wearing Versace
3. Zendaya wearing Versace
2. Ariana Grande Wearing Vera Wang
Number one was a tough call between Gigi Hadid in Atelier Versace or Blake Lively in Versace, But Blake Lively’s dress just has that extra *OMPH* too it, so number 1 goes too;
- Blake Lively in Versace!
TOP 5 BEST DRESSED MEN!
5. (And 4, And 3) Offset Amigos wearing Versace
2. Andrew Garfield wearing Tom Ford
Number 1 for the best dressed lads was not a difficult one at all.
- Chaswick Boseman wearing Versace, WHAT A HANDSOME MAN.
TOP 5 BEST DRESSED COUPLES!
5. Colin Firth and Livia Firth wearing Giambattista Valli
4. Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart wearing H&M
3. Amal and George Clooney wearing Richard Quinn
2. Irina Shank and Bradley Cooper wearing Versace and Tom Ford
And For number 1, It was s tough choice between this pair and Bradley Cooper and his missus, but number 1 goes too;
- Hayley Baldwin and Shaun Mendez wearing Tommy Hilfiger
So It is safe to say out of all the Designers that bared their debuts on the Red Carpet of the Met Gala, there was one brand in particular which stood out (Don’t know if you’ve guessed it yet but most probably judging by my choices), with endless beautiful dresses and designs;
OVERALL TOP DESIGNER OF THE MET GALA 2018
Donatella Versace, TALENT UGH.
I loved every single design/dress by Versace that entered the Red Carpet and then some, they all stood out so much more than a lot of other dresses and suites put together and they were eye catching. They were the outfits that drew my attention way before anything else. DAMN STRAIGHT.
I wish I could afford Versace *cries*
Now, this is one we had to discuss.
My personal favourite No Thank you.
In terms of the theme this couple absolutely slayed it and realistically actually looked really good. But there was something about the pairs outfit which I could’nt jump into. I can’t deny they do look incredible, but each to their own, and personal I AINT FEELIN’ IT. Sorry Lana and Jared.
JARED LETO AND LANA DEL RAY IN GUCCI
I’m sorry, I just didn’t like it, sue me!
And FINALLY; My Special Mentions, those who look PENG but didn’t quite fit the bill.
- Gigi Hadid wearing Versace
2. Cardi B wearing Moschino
2. JLO Wearing Balmain and Tiffany Jewellery
3. Winnie Harlow wearing Tommy Hilfiger
Thanks for reading guys!
Till next time